Our mission to help build a better Internet is rooted in the importance we place on establishing trust with our Customers, users, and the Internet community globally. To earn and maintain that trust, we commit to communicating transparently, providing security, and protecting the privacy of data on our systems.
We keep your personal information personal and private. We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We will not share or otherwise disclose your personal information except as necessary to provide our Services or as otherwise described in this Policy without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
1. POLICY APPLICATION
This Policy applies to Omit Securities collection, use, and disclosure of the personal information of the following categories of data subjects:
- Attendees: Those who visit our offices or provide their information to OmitCDN or OmitCDN representatives when they attend or register to attend OmitCDN-sponsored events or other events at which OmitCDN (and/or its representatives) participates, as well as those who participate in OmitCDN’s studies such as user experience research.
- Website Visitors: Those who visit our Websites, including those who may opt to provide an email address or other contact information to receive communications from OmitCDN, fill out a survey, or provide feedback. For the purposes of this Policy, “Websites” refer collectively to OmitCDN.com as well as any other websites OmitCDN operates for its own behalf and that link to this Policy. For clarity, “Websites” does not include any sites owned or operated by our Customers, including where we serve as Registrar.
- Customers: Individuals or entities who enter into a subscription agreement with OmitCDN (or its authorized partner) and to whom OmitCDN provides Services pursuant to such agreement. For purposes of this Policy, “Services” shall refer to all of the cloud-based solutions offered, marketed, or sold by OmitCDN or its authorized partners that are designed to increase the performance, security, and availability of Internet properties, applications, devices, and networks, along with any software, software development kits, and application programming interfaces (“APIs”) made available in connection with the foregoing.
- Administrators: Those with login credentials for a OmitCDN account and/or those who administer any of the Services for a Customer. In some cases, an Administrator and Customer may be the same individual. In other cases, an Administrator may be an agent acting on behalf of a Customer.
- End Users: Those who (i) access or use our Customers’ domains, networks, websites, application programming interfaces, and applications, or (ii) are authorized OmitCDN for Teams users, such as our Customers’ employees, agents, or contractors.
OmitCDN’s Websites and Services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of eighteen. OmitCDN does not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of eighteen.
When OmitCDN is a reverse proxy, our IP addresses may appear in WHOIS and DNS records for websites using our Services. We are a conduit for information controlled by others. It is our Customers and their users who are responsible for the content transmitted across our network (e.g., images, written content, graphics, etc.).
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT (Categories of Data Subjects)
- Name, email address, and other contact information: We may ask for and collect personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address when you visit our offices, register for or attend a sponsored event or other events at which OmitCDN (and/or its representatives) participates, or participate in OmitCDN’s studies such as user experience research.
- Image and voice: When you participate in a OmitCDN study, we may ask for your permission to record your voice and/or image during your participation in the study.
- Website Visitors
- Name, email address, and other contact information: We ask for and—at your option—collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our Websites, including opportunities to sign up for and agree to receive email communications from us. We also may ask you to submit such personal information if you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including participation in surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, or studies, requesting customer support, submitting feedback, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law.
- Log files: Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our Websites, including the OmitCDN Community Forum, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences.
- Material contributed in Interactive Areas: The Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). If you choose to participate in any of these Interactive Areas, please be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. If you wish to remove your personal information from any of our Interactive Areas, please see the Section 8, below.
- Customers and Administrators
- Customer Account Information: When you register for an account, we collect contact information. Depending on subscription level, this contact information may include your Customer name, the email address(es) of your account Administrator(s), telephone number, and addresses necessary to process payment and delivery of Services. In addition, when you use the Services, we collect information about how you configure your account and the Services (e.g., firewall settings for the domains you administer), and we maintain logs of Administrator activity. We refer to all of this information collectively as “Customer Account Information” for the purposes of this Policy. Customer Account Information is required to enable your access to your OmitCDN account and Services. By providing us with any personal information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal information or otherwise have the requisite consent to provide it to us.
- Payment information: We do not require our Customers to have payment information on file with us unless they have a paid subscription to our Services. When you sign up for one of our paid Services, you must provide payment and billing information. The information you will need to submit depends on which payment method you choose. For example, if you pay with a credit card, we will collect your card information and billing address, although we do not store full credit card numbers or personal account numbers.
- End Users
- Log Data: OmitCDN processes End Users’ information on behalf of our Customers. This information is processed when End Users access or use our Customers’ domains, websites, APIs, applications, devices, end points, and networks that use one or more of our Services. OmitCDN also processes End Users’ information on behalf of our Customers when the End Users access our Services pursuant to our Customers’ authorization. The information processed may include but is not limited to IP addresses, system configuration information, and other information about traffic to and from Customers’ websites, devices, applications, and/or networks (collectively, “Log Data”).
In addition, OmitCDN stores server and network activity data, and observations and analyses derived from traffic data collected by OmitCDN in the course of providing the Services (together, “Operational Metrics”). Examples of Operational Metrics include service uptime and service availability metrics, request volumes, error rates, cache rates, and IP threat scores.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
OmitCDN only processes personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized.
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Websites and Services for all users of the Websites and Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Websites and Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Send commercial communications, in accordance with your communication preferences, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events about us and our partners; and send other news or information about us and our partners. See Section 9 below for information on managing your communication preferences.
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Websites and Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize the Websites and Services, including by providing features or content that match your interests and preferences;
- To register visitors to our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access; and
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Log Data from End Users. We use and process the Log Data from End Users to fulfill our obligations under our Customer agreements and as may be required by law. We act as a data processor and service provider pursuant to data processing instructions by our Customers.
Information from Third Party Services. We may combine information we collect as described in Section 2 above with personal information we obtain from third parties. For example, we may combine information entered on a OmitCDN sales submission form with information we receive from a third-party sales intelligence platform vendor to enhance our ability to market our Services to Customers or potential Customers.
4. DATA AGGREGATION
OmitCDN may aggregate data we acquire about our Customers, Administrators, and End Users, including the Log Data described above. For example, we may assemble data to determine how Web crawlers index the Internet and whether they are engaged in malicious activity or to compile web traffic reports and statistics. Non-personally identifiable, aggregated data may be shared with third parties.
5. NOTICE TO UK AND EU RESIDENTS
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally will collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the OmitCDN Services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests. Please note that in most cases, if you do not provide the requested information, OmitCDN will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INFORMATION SHARING
Specifically, we do not permit our Service Providers to sell any personal information we share with them or to use any personal information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any purpose other than in connection with the services they provide to us.
In addition to sharing with Service Providers as described above, we also may share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- With our resellers and other sales partners who may help us distribute the Services to Customers;
- With an app developer when you install an app from our App Marketplace;
- In the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business;
- When we are required to disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. (Learn more about how we handle law enforcement requests here);
- As you may otherwise consent from time to time.
Notice to California Residents. We do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code Sec. 1798.100 et seq.), nor do we sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes as defined under California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83.
7. INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS
Omit Security is a Canadian-based, global company. We primarily store your information in the United States and the European Economic Area. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such information from around the world, including from other countries in which the Omit Ltd has operations for the purposes described in this Policy.
Whenever OmitCDN shares personal information originating in the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland with an OmitCDN entity outside the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, we will do so on the basis of the EU standard contractual clauses (adjusted to address transfers from the UK).
If you are accessing or using our Websites or Services or otherwise providing information to us, we may transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the appropriate safeguards Omit has in place to protect your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
While OmitCDN no longer relies on the EU-U.S. and the Swiss -U.S. Privacy Shield as a lawful basis for international transfers of personal data from the EEA and Switzerland to the U.S., OmitCDN remains certified under both the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks respectively as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland to the United States, respectively (“Privacy Shields”). We commit to periodically review and verify the accuracy of our policies and our compliance with the Privacy Shields. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. For more information on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. If neither we nor our dispute resolution provider are able to resolve your complaint, as a last resort you may engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel.
Our commitments under the Privacy Shields are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. We may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Under such circumstances, we may be prohibited by law, court order or other legal process from providing notice of disclosure.
8. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND CHOICES
For any subject access request (“SAR”), we will need to verify a requestor is inquiring about their own information before we can assist. Where a SAR may implicate the personal data of another individual, we must balance the request against the risk of violating another person’s privacy rights. We will comply with SARs to the extent required by applicable law or the US-Swiss or US-EU Privacy Shield. In the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Attendees, Website Visitors, Customers, Administrators, and Registrants. You have the right to access, correct, update, export, or delete your personal information. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such subject access requests (“SAR”), and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Customers and Administrators also can access, correct, export, or update their Account Information by editing their profile or organization record at omitcdn.com.
End Users. OmitCDN has no direct relationship with End Users. Even where “OmitCDN” may be indicated as the authoritative name server for a domain, unless OmitCDN is the owner of that domain, we have no control over a domain’s content. Accordingly, we rely upon our Customers to comply with the underlying legal requirements for subject access requests. If an End User requests that we access, correct, update, or delete their information, or no longer wishes to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our Services, we will direct that End User to contact the Customer website(s) with which they interacted directly. Our Customers are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to their website users.
9. COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
OmitCDN will send you commercial communications based on the communication preferences in your account settings. OmitCDN also will send you service-related communications. You may manage your receipt of commercial communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of such emails, through your account settings if you have an OmitCDN account, or you may send a request to email@example.com.
10. DATA SECURITY, DATA INTEGRITY AND ACCESS
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
If we make changes to this Policy that we believe materially impact the privacy of your personal information, we will promptly provide notice of any such changes (and, where necessary, obtain consent), as well as post the updated Policy on this website noting the effective date of any changes.
12. BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
We may assign or transfer this Policy, as well as information covered by this Policy, in the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business.
13. ENGLISH LANGUAGE CONTROLS
Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you have an unresolved privacy or data-use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
15. EU REPRESENTATIVE
Omit Ltd, is our EU representative pursuant to Article 27 of the EU GDPR. Omit, Ltd., further identified in the Contact Information section, is our UK representative pursuant to the UK GDPR.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION
Parsa Janbeglou Media Ltd.
9251 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill ON L4C 9T3
International House, 12 Constance Street,
London, United Kingdom, E16 2DQ